Monday, November 12, 2007

A FORGETFUL FEUD!



What happens if you were in a feud with a friend of yours and it happened many years ago and until today, your friend is still sore with you? The best part is, you can't even remember how that little misunderstanding started?


Well, yours truly here have this little unfortunate incident thrust into me. It all came back to me when I was talking to Slipper Whore the other evening. It seems like an "ex-friend" of mine, whom I shall call, Chubby Ben (CB for short), was spotted in Bangkok's infamous DJ Station one evening. SW recognized CB from afar and then proceeded to talk to him but from what SW can gather from the whole conversation, CB was extremely rude and also showed no respect whatever.


SW being the sort that will not tolerate any sort of indiscipline from problematic princesses, was surprisingly cool about the whole incident. It was SW's cool temperament and perhaps all that alcohol that probably made SW a bit demure instead of aggressive. Anyways, back to that CB, SW asked him if he still kept in touch with yours truly but instead of getting some sane answer, a barrage of nonsensical utterance began to foam out. It was like some mad person getting into an amok stage. After a good ten minutes or so, SW still did not understand a word what CB had relayed to him.


Instead, the whole conversation ended very quickly and before one knew it, nothing concrete actually transpired out of it. So, SW messaged me about this incident and asked me actually what happened?


"I really do not know what actually made CB acted that way" I replied.

"Well, he was very rude, you know, and the way he talked, I wanted so much to just smack him" retorted SW.

"Let him be, don't bother, I mean if he chooses to be in that way, let him, after all that is his choice" I said.

"Can you actually remember?" asked SW again.


Crackling my head to really dig deep inside to understand what actually happened at this was already more than 5 years ago. So many things happened and passed, and I don't think it was actually my fault entirely.


" I think I was dragged into this misunderstanding and it all began with Sistah K and another friend of ours" I began to recall.

"Oh, you know that Sistah K's mouth la, very the acid one!" SW added.

"Yeah, I guess, so, but I really did not know what happened but I think SK said something which was not favorable to CB and my name was added into it without my presence and knowledge to rebut it, so I guess, CB got angry of me for standing on SK's side" I continued.


So, with that, a little misunderstanding that had occurred since so long ago have since brought forward to this present age and best of it, I do not even know what actually happened or how I got into the picture?

let's kiss up and make up...




But, life goes on, and I'm not going to crack my head thinking about such trivia things. I guess, when you lose a friend and if that friend is angry over such a small matter, it really shows how well your friendship with that person has evolved. In true blue essence, it means, that it was never meant to be long lasting, just a hi and bye situation and we move on. I guess Life is such, if we keep harping on things that is useless, we too become useless, like garbage strewn all over the place!

7 comments:

Ganymede said...

I know what you mean. :P Happened to me several times now. Heheh. Hilarious when I think back about it.

Ryan said...

Hmm... that's why we should know more friends! :D

Mr RM said...

life's short... it's better to be friends than enemies

David The Man said...

Yup, that's what happened to me too. I think my friend (my ex college classmate) is still having a cold sort of feeling towards me till this day, though it was like 8 years ago. It was due to a small quarrel over a small matter that may had had pissed him off rather. I would say both of us are rather sensitive in that sense, owing to the fact that we quarrelled over a small matter that was really next to nothing at all!

Kit said...

life's too short to take to heart every idiot who has a grievience with us. we can only control how we feel about others and not really the reverse. let him be then.

coolgardy said...

Life is too short to have all this, I mean, at times, we do say wrong things at the heat of the quarrel but to actually not remember that problem, really shows how unimportant I have attached to it but unfortunately, the other party doesn't, so let it be...

Anonymous said...

well friends come and go, if one can learn to forgive and forget, that's what we call good friends. Else they're just merely one of the many "friends" in our lives.

BW, me here meet lotsa "friends" every week at "you know where" so this is just too common to me. Just that I am a bit surprised how CB turned out to be after these years, whom we once were closer to.

Well...enuf said...