Tuesday, October 9, 2007

THAT STRANGE KIND OF FEELING- DEJA VU!

was that a dream or an omen?



Ever had a situation whereby you feel as if you have experienced an event or been to a place that is freaking familiar even though it’s the first time you have been there?

That kind of situation is called “Déjà vu”, a French word but worthy to be mentioned here in my blog.

When I was about 12, I used to have this dream of this particular place. I can vividly describe this place because for almost continuously, I will have the same dream. It started when I was 12 and it progressed on, so in a way, this can be considered as a recurring dream. I used to search for answers on this and also goggled about it, but all the answers came to a naught.

In my dream, this particular place has a very deep and moody scene. There are a few trees in the horizon and amongst them was this unique tree that looked all crooked and bent. There were no leaves on it and it stood at a very strange position too. The weather at that time was grayish and it looked, as it wanted to rain. As I looked at the other areas around me, I noticed there was a small hill behind where the tree stood. On the left side of the tree, there was this field and in the field there were shrubs.
However, the colors for these shrubs were not green but rather they were brownish as if they were dying. Along the path leading to the field, it was muddy and had a gloomy feeling. On my right, I noticed a small pathway leading to a flight of steps. Along the steps, this will come up to a small hill and upon the horizon of the hill; it was all-barren except for this little pine tree. The sky as I said was already gloomy and felt as it was going to rain. When the wind blew, it felt strangely cold. Overall, the picture was not a happy sight in the true sense since there is no sun, no birds nor are there any other complimentary visible signs to suggest happiness.

So for a period of time, I have been carrying this dream and always thought that perhaps this was an omen to come or maybe a foretelling of an event that I might encounter? I still wondered…

Last year, I went to Korea for my holiday. As it was December, it was already winter there and lo and behold, at one of our stops for lunch, I saw the exact picture that I was carrying for all these years! It was a mix feeling at first but then, as I noticed my surrounding more clearly, I remembered the tree, the field and all those signs I have had seen. But, the only one thing that was not accurate is that it was not gloomy at all. In fact, the sun was shining and although the wind that blew was chilling cold, it was nothing to what I had encountered. So, our group went in to the restaurant for our lunch, and after a while, as it divine intervention was to make my dream come true, the sun was blocked off by this huge darken cloud. Suddenly, from a cherry day, it turned out precisely what I had dreamt of, cold and dark winter day.

I shared this with my friends and they too were amazed. Of course, some of them had the feeling maybe something bad might happen or some said, I should just buy a lottery ticket. In spite of all those negative sayings, our journey was a memorable one, no untoward incident happened and it went well actually.

As for this dream, I never dreamt of it anymore. Perhaps its one way of telling me that I have already experienced what I was suppose to see and feel. I’m not sure if the many of us have ever dreamt of such strange dreams or maybe dismissing altogether. However, if you do have a recurring dream, don’t dismiss it because, there is such a thing called “ Déjà vu”.






i feel like i have walked here before...


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I believe in deja vu as I have experienced the same scenario where I thought to myself that I had the same conversation before with the same people at the same place and there's a feeling that I know what's next. Then the dream stopped.

Ryan said...

Hmm... interesting! Never had such experiences before.

I have been dreaming having intimate moment with hunky stud (not gonna describe in detail), do you think somehow I'll have a 'deja vu' in the coming future?