Saturday, October 13, 2007

PAVILION MALL, NEXT STOP!

interior of the central plaza

Have you guys been to the newest baby in town? Who am I talking about? Oh well, its the Pavilion silly...and if you have not been there, please make a visit soon. While it was impressive, what impressed me more was the number of times my "gaydar" went haywire! As my dear friend, Bean Pole puts it so well, yes it was gay-haven! Every few seconds, you walk across that sparse mall and you are bound to meet some fabulous people like us strolling along it. Some clutching their bags of goodies, while others look clueless as to where to start!



Anyway yesterday, since I was on leave (have to clear them off), I was with CK and he took around the place. We enjoyed ourselves there and even had that slice of pastry from Loaf. I guess this mall is better than the other ones that opened recently but then again, the parking there can really kill!


side view of one of the blocks



Oh well, make a trip there if you can, have yourself deliciously enthralled by the eye-candies there and if you must, retail mall therapy works wonders there too! In terms of retail outlets, there are the usual Guess, Ted Barker, Tangs, Parkson, AXchange, Nooks, G2000 concept store, EDC and a lot more.
In terms of restaurants, a few upcoming ones like Silk Road, Nangking, Angus Steakhouse, Kim Jung Korean Restaurant, Kampachi (from Equatorial hotel), Polar, that famous donut joint and a few new ones too. Already there are like 3 "xiao long bao" outlets in the new mall! It really looks like this place is going to outstrip KLCC soon and judging by the response I get from my fellow friends, this is indeed the new meeting place to be seen. Never mind if the parking or traffic is maddening, the whole point is that we should be able to shop in style. Too bad there is no subway station right down it, if not, I wil just call it - Pavilion Station!


another view of the central plaza



Since today is Raya, Happy Eid to all my Muslim friends. Oi, save some rendang and lemang ya, coming over soon! Till then...happy holidays and happy shopping to some!

2 comments:

Ryan said...

Ooh... I have been there during lunchtime. But lunch time is too short and I have yet to discover its whole beauty!!

Will go there again soon!

Melvin Mah said...

Only pictures for me since I can't be back till nex year....sob sob~