Tuesday, October 16, 2007

THE FORBIDDEN LOVE - PART THREE

i've got a problem, and i don't know how to fix it...wanna help me?


That afternoon, La La Mui (LLM) met Dr. at the sidewalk cafe. Looking downtrodden, Dr. began to sip his hot coffee while La La Mui looked intently.


"So whats the matter" asked LLM.

"It's about Sam" complained Dr.

"What about Sam" LLM asked again.

"I'm beginning to wonder why I ever got myself into this shit hole. I mean, life was good at being single and then I had to get involved again" sighed Dr.

"Remember when I asked you to think carefully before entering into this and you told me that this is the ONE! And now, you are telling me that Sam's not the one? I'm perplexed!" complained LLM.


Avoiding eye contact with LLM, Dr. looked at the passing traffic in downtown KL. It was a normal busy day and along the side walk, there were people walking by. Some clutching shopping bags, some walking aimlessly and some cradling along children, it was a typical day out for people to just enjoy their afternoon. But, not so for this poor soul who was stuck with a problem.


"I just realised that Sam is the direct opposite of what I wanted in a relationship. He is so demanding, and the best thing about it is that he is so controlling" complained Dr.

"Err...but I thought you didn't mind all this?" inquired LLM.

"No, but it became freaky! I discovered that he was reading my messages from my cell phone, asking me who called me and at times, I suspect he might even be reading my personal mails" said Dr angrily.

"That's fucking invasion of privacy" retorted LLM.

"Yes, it is, and I don't like it. I talked to him about it, and the next day, things will be fine but I know that its not. For the next few days, I will notice that his bad behavior starts again. And, the best thing, he keeps me feeding me this tea, that is awkwardly strange in taste. I suspect he might be putting some stuff in it" said Dr. again.

"Are you very sure of this?" added LLM.

"Very sure. One day, I was at home alone, and I decided to find some of my old stuff in the cupboard. When I opened it, I noticed that there was a bundle wrapped in yellow cloth. I carefully opened the package and in it, I was shocked to see stuff like talisman and some concoctions of leaves and also powder" explained Dr.


LLM looked at his friend with bewildered eyes. Not knowing what to say to his friend, LLM just ran some thoughts in his mind. He was more amazed that in this time and age, there were people who resorted to such practices. And the worst part of it, do you actually consider such a person insane or just low esteem?


"I just don't know what to put to this, did you talk to him about your discovery?" added LLM.

"I'm really scared to bring this up. Already, Sam is acting strangely and the person I met up the first time, is no longer the one I know. In fact, he scares the shit of out me" complained Dr.

"Suggest that you do something about this and since you have this sticky situation whereby Sam is staying with you, you really need to kick him out of your life!" advised LLM.

"Can you help me?" pleaded Dr.


At this juncture, LLM looked at this friend. Its the same scenario coming back. LLM paused for a moment and sighed and then finally opened his mouth to say "You brought yourself this shit, and its only logical that you clear it off!"


Dr. looked at LLM and then looked away. He knew that LLM would not budge. Not knowing of what to do, Dr. stares into empty space. The crowd now grows bigger. Its filled with people who have just finished their work and now scurrying home. The air grows cooler and as evening now descends and looking up to the sky, its only a wonder why would anyone not take these the following saying...Once bitten, twice shy, seriously!


5 comments:

Shake Trees said...

wah is this for real ah ur story here? black magic is serious man. dead serious.

Ryan said...

What a twist!

David The Man said...

Oh ok, so now Dr began to see some dark sides of his bf-to-be. So, has Dr even agree to be Sam's lifetime partner (I mean bf)? What a twisted life that must be for Dr!

Melvin Mah said...

Damn twisted...

coolgardy said...

I chose to narrate this story as this is is an on-going life story. The ending or the outcome of it has yet got to see its light, but fear not, I will update all in my next, if there is any. But, for the time being, its a twisted affair after all.