Wednesday, July 4, 2007

THE SORE-LY FOOT

My fear of what is to come has finally settled in....

This evening while doing my routine in the gym, I accidentally hurt my left foot. At first, it did not feel that awfully painful, as I thought, maybe its just a sprained or something. But, when I tried to walk further, I began to feel a pain settling in.

Not wanting to stay too long in the gym, I headed to the locker to shower. Walking was a problem as I was limping all the way, and mind you, it was not a glamorous thing to do. I usually walk back straight and tuck in whatever fats I can hide, but this evening, it was a sorely sad case.

I didn't have the pride to walk in that way, and furthermore, I had to limp. How disgraceful! How sad!

Apart from that, showering was also a problem settling in as I felt that my level of keeping balance now rests entirely on my right foot, and it was not a good choice. I tried as much as I can to hide the pain and just did what I needed to do.

After my shower, this cute guy next to me looked at me with bewilderment. Probably was thinking in his mind, what had happened to me and, me limping in that way, sure did not project a good image. Painful as it was, I tried my best to smile, trying to conceal the fact it was really painful, and here outside of my exterior shell, its alright, just a minor sprain.

But, it was not to be, as hard as I tried to balance myself keeping myself clothed, it was a tough act to follow. In the end, what was the level of balance and sorts began to falter and next thing, I know, my towel was slipping fast and I was like, heck, I'm naked!!

Guy next to me was still standing next to me and pretending to pack his stuff but I know his actions showed he was deliberately trying to stall time. Frying catfish! I don't need this voyeuristic eyes looking at me! Maybe he was just trying to catch a glimpse of how clumsy a guy with a sprained foot will dress up....

So, the towel nearly fell off and a part of me did nearly opened up but nearly as a full Monty though, was my hands was quick enough to grab it from revealing more. Hence, I held onto it as it was the dearest thing in my life at that moment and finally, I was able to dress up decently without shedding anything.

The guys next to me left after that, perhaps he figured, nothing much to anticipate but in my mind, I can sense he was trying to laugh out loud at my funny antics. However, another part of me did sense that he was trying to catch a glimpse of my fatty tissues hanging there.

However, this evening too, I had my health assessment before my PT. My instructor congratulated me saying that I had lost fats. Not really lost them but they have translated to muscle's now. Apart from that, my left and right arm, in terms of muscle distribution has also improved and is now more balanced.

Left and right leg is also balanced, BMI is at a normal level and overall, it was a far improvement from my last assessment. So that is one good news I can take with me, but the other bad news (notice how they come together), I sprained my foot, which is not entirely a bad thing considering that I might have to rest at home and well, maybe I can just laze at home!

Ouch, there it goes again, that pain....



maybe its an indication for me to rest...

3 comments:

Ganymede said...

Awww you poor thing.

Get well soon and pump those irons!

coolgardy said...

Thank you, its feeling much better now. I can at least walk about...and yes, will resume pumping once its completely healed!

Ryan said...

Wow! You actually get hurts because of gym. You must be "working" very hard!