Thursday, July 5, 2007

DAY OF REST...


This morning as I woke up, I knew the left foot was still in pain. It was a hassle trying to climb out of bed but managed to do so. I texted the office saying I was going to the clinic and told the department's secretary, Ling Ling Soh (LLS).

Managed to clean and dress up, drove the car to the nearest clinic but was having doubts which clinic to go? I tried to go to the ones near my house but due to that fact that there were lack of parking, I went to another one. I never had any faith in this clinic because simply, the doctor talked too much.

But, this morning, as was fated, there was a parking right in-front of the clinic, meaning to say, the heavens are in compliance of what I must do? Limping slightly to parking machine, paid my parking fee and then proceeded to the clinic.

As my turn came to see Dr. Foo, the good doctor asked what was wrong. I told him the whole story but minus out the locker room - obviously! He looked at it and commented that there was a swelling coming up and then proceeded to enquire which area was in pain?

Told him that my heel and keel was in pain. He proceeded to check my foot and then commented that if I had broken any bones, I will not be able to walk et al. Hence, it was only a tenderloin swelling and that it was not as bad. (but how could he know?)

He then proceeded to bandage my foot after applying some ointment on it and then asked me to stand and try to walk. At that time, it was so painful, but I could stand and I could limp by using my right foot, so I guess, the doctor might be right after all?

Asked me if I can work today, I told him hell no, it was so painful but I really wanted to go back to work but later, the good doctor actually gave me 2 days MC. I didn't asked for it but hey when the doctor orders you, better for you to follow it, right?

I was prescribed some pain-killers and also some pills for swelling. Apart from that, I was also given some ointment cream, which after applying on it, it feels a warm sort of feeling inside the bandage, nice feeling actually.

My stomach began to growl and I knew it was time for time to eat. First instance of what came into my mind is, curry laksa... but no kopi tiam (coffee shop) around there. Hence, I had to settle for the local curry house, and ordered my "Roti Telor", Milo Ice and then two half-boiled eggs.

The guy who served me and also incidentally the owner of the shop, served me with extra care, probably because he saw me limping in with my bandaged foot. When the bill came to RM 4.10, he forgo the 10 cents and smiled at me. Talk about getting sympathy from people, hey, its working!!

Rest of my day was spent on watching tv, surfing the net and then, later on, went to have my afternoon nap. I'm not sure how long I have been sleeping but when I wok-ed up, it was almost 6pm. I'm not sure what will I be doing for the rest of the night?

And my foot feels much better now, thanks to the pain-killers or the anti-swelling pills; whichever one it was, it sure did its job. I can walk almost normally now, pain is still there a bit (perhaps suppressed by the pain-killers) and I'm up and about. Tomorrow will be another day for me to rest and I guess I will just do whatever I have been doing today, just laze...


hope my foot gets better before the weekend sets in..

Oh, that reminds me, I'm also on leave the next Monday...long weekend, but stay at home? Shrugs....

1 comment:

Ryan said...

Gosh, when was the last time I have a day off?! And you have 2 days off?! Well, you have a painful left leg. Hope it gets better and better!

And lastly, take good care of yourself. Don't tell me next time you hurt your right arms bla bla bla... touch wood!