Monday, July 16, 2007

HARRY POTTY OOPS, POTTER...







Potter mania seems to have hit the town just a few days when the movie, Order of the Phoenix was released in all of the major cinemas around KL / PJ.

As for me, I managed to book and selected good seats for a viewing in Berjaya Times Square last evening. CK called up to me and dated me out for my belated Birthday celebration. Since, I have not been to the Times Square for some time now; I decided to have our meeting over there.

I’ve always found hall one to be spacious and also roomy and thus, when I got the 9pm tickets, I was delighted! I’ve heard so much of this latest movie so, I was prepared after all the write-ups that was done in the papers, magazines and online chat rooms.

The movie this time round, to me, was a bit dark and adult-ish themed. It was certainly not as cute or funny like the first two movies shown before. As it is, I felt that this movie bordered more towards Harry getting older and more mature in this thinking and also the way he reacts.

I’m not sure if the children’s who have read this book can actually relate to this more adult themed characters in it but let’s just say that the wizardly acts is still prevalent in this movie.




back away u evil zits...




Among the characters I got to love is Luna Lovegood. I didn’t like the way the Asian character, Cho was portrayed, and I felt a hint of racist attack here. Why was it that an Asian was the one who had to betray Harry (even though it was revealed at the end that she was given the tonic Veritalium by Prof. Snapes, and thus betrayed Harry and his army). I thought it was to show that Asians are just hopelessly weak.

Far from shouting out any protests against this action, I felt overall; it was entertaining, although the mood was more dialogue. My guess is because the book in itself has given us so many explanations; the movie (which is only 2 hours) needed to be sped up to showcase all of the hidden meanings.

I felt a bit rushed at certain segments while others, it was a drag. A fair balance of the portrayal would have been good but I guess, the directors and producers had to ensure the essential points of the book were shown. A certain important character gets killed off, but not too worry, I will not reveal anything more than is needed.

If you are planning to go watch it, please do so, but in terms of ‘action’, it pales very much with Transformers. In terms of continuity of the storyline, then it’s going to appeal to those Potter fans out there.

Daniel Radcliffe’s recent full monty exposure in a stage play had my mind working overtime though; each time his character appeared, I was like peeling him in my mindset all those overalls he had on. Most of the time, I was half concentrating and half working OT on my overtly active imagination…sniggers!



the final temptation of Harry Potter…


I’m not innocent as u think…




I know why u went full monty Harry…awesome size!




5 comments:

Ganymede said...

Don't like the movie...

I prefer Daniel clothed. Too hairy for my liking. Heheheh.

I wonder if he's a show-er or a grow-er. :P

Medie007 said...

haha.. definitely a shower. LOL. asians are the grower. hahahahaha... kidding

is it true that towards the end of the movie, where dumbledore's army were fighting against the death eaters, there were some 3D features at imax?

coolgardy said...

Guys, I think he is a show-er too..3D effects towards the end? I think so, maybe need to check with those who watched it at imax.

Ryan said...

Harry harry harry hairy hairy?! LOL.. He's still a kid in my mind.

Anonymous said...

yeah it was a 20-min 3D at the end and my fren gave rave review for it...hmm..coming from a 40-ish queer...guess he's still a kid inside...i dun enjoy it at all...