Tuesday, July 10, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY...

yummy...


I'm blogging this at precisely the witching hour and also the fact that its midnight and a new day...which in turn is my Birthday!!




Ha ha, I never really considered Birthdays as something very important as this is just another day to remind me that I'm a step closer to being old and wise and perhaps my next accommodation will be some high mountain up there in the clouds?



But, thinking a little bit of the years gone by, my little existence in this world was actually a gamble.




Why do I say its a gamble? Well, according to my granny who told me this story, I was a product of what happened in my family. Originally, this family had 3 members, 1 girl and 2 boys.




However, the girl developed cancer at the age of 12 and passed on and my dad who loves girls more than boys, wanted to take a chance to get another girl. At that time, my mom was already 40 when she conceived me and for a woman to conceive so late, there were many implications both to the mother and child.




She pressed on and defying all odds decided to take this chance. When the due date for me to officially come out from her womb did not materialize (I was late for 1 week), the doctors had to perform Cesarean to get me out.




The thought of the child dying inside was a matter of life and death, and on that fateful day, the doctors actually sent out word for my dad to sign on the consent letters to allow the doctors to operate on my mom. It was drama as I believe that my dad was out somewhere and here were the doctors trying to keep in touch of him (remember at that time, there were no cell phones or even pagers).




Somehow, I came out after much cajoling and it was a thorough disappointment for my dad as he had expected a girl all this while. (again scanning during my mother's time was not available). As I remembered, I was born in University Hospital (at that time, it was the most modern and premiered hospital in KL) and I had to be spanked on my butt as I was not crying.




The nurses had to spank me so hard and later on, only did I managed to cry after a while (they had thought that I was dead). Later on, I was placed in an incubator and did not discharge until a month later.




Looking back, I guess, my late dad didn't really have to feel so devastated, for me to come out to this world, I believe I did fulfill his wishes but its only that I did not wear dresses or have boobs. I was a girl well, not exactly more likely I will say, I'm both of a yin and yang, not too bad to begin with!




Although, dad never said any cared or love words to me, but I know deep down, he did care for me. He will provide the stuff that I need, and made sure that I was well adequately taken care of. I was a sickly child when growing up and there were times, I had to go to the clinic or the hospitals. Perhaps these are the symptoms that I have to endure as I was a born so late?




As I reflect today of the things I have done in the past, yes there were ups and down and certainly sorrows and laughter, I will cherish them with an open heart. I know my journey in life was already tough to begin with.




Was not born with a silver spoon in my mouth, but whatever I have in me, I strive on to remember where I came from. I wish I had more but certainly, if that is what is to be, I guess, I will not refuse it, but if its not, then maybe I will just try abit harder. (work more)




My relationships have been good and bad ones, but never mind, I know that I will find that elusive guy one day, whoever and wherever he is, because ultimately, I know that LOVE will never fail us if we remain true to it!




So, Happy Birthday to myself, Happy Anniversary and I thank God for all the blessings, good and bad...

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

so happy birthday!!!

Anonymous said...

dear BW...errr...sista...Happy Birthday yo ! you have frens like us too. Will celebrate a small meal with u when i see u at mth end. Shall i ask slutty whore to bake u a belated birthday cake...hmm wonder if she can bake a specially designed ("shape") cake for you...i have a good one in my mind now...hehe..

coolgardy said...

SW:- Thank you, will definitely see u when u r back home! Btw, the shape of the cake? Round right... :p

Michael: - thanks for the greetings!

Ganymede said...

Awwww. Happy Bday~~~

Ryan said...

Happy Birthday!! :-)

May all your dreams come true! :D

Mr RM said...

Happy Birthday. May your dreams be realised soon! I share your dream of finding the perfect person too... GOOD LUCK

coolgardy said...

Dudes...thank you for ur greetings!

Sh@ney said...

Happy Birthday fellow cancerian...I dont think we are ALL crabby *winks* Hope you had a fantasmorgorical day...hugs

Anonymous said...

I just read this so HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!

Believe in your dreams because when everything else fails, there is still hope. Hope doesn't die.

You got a nice post here about how you came into this world. So touching! Hehehe...

coolgardy said...

Hi Shaney & Calvin - thanks guys for the greetings!