Thursday, July 19, 2007

OF VIRAL INFECTIONS AND SERVERS DOWN!


i'm bored, wanna amuse me...?

For the past 2 days, I was not able to log in to Streamyx due to some server problem in KL. However, during that time too, I was inundated with a viral infection. Two things to report?


Ok, first about my viral infection. I had the sniffles since Sunday and I guess it was made worse when I go caught in the rain that afternoon. It was all very innocent, the sort of sneezing and then, next thing that followed, it was the running nose with the unceasingly running of the water from the nostrils.


At that stage, it was still manageable but later the next day, it developed into some sort of non-stop sneezing and suddenly you feel very tired. Your bones ache and you just want to rest. At the same time, your throat sores a bit, a slight cough develops and before you can say jumping gherkins, your cough turns toxic!


You feel the urge to cough and although you know you don't need to do it, but your body makes you spew out that bark. (I call my coughs bark, as in barking dogs)

So, I was like barking the whole of Monday evening, and thank goodness, I didn't go for my PT too. Imagine, if I did that, it would have been a whole futile exercise and besides, it would be dangerous to exercise when you have flu.


The whole night, I could not sleep, I took a bit of relief in some cough syrup but that only helped a bit. I could feel the heat permeating from my esophagus and each time, I wanted to swallow, it was painful. So, the whole night was like tossing and turning, and even though, I was very tired, I just could not get that restful rest.


Next morning, I text ed Ling Soh Soh (my dept's secretary) and informed her that I was going to the clinic. As I had numerous panel of clinics to choose from, I sauntered to the one nearest home.


Reached the clinic, got myself registered and within 10 minutes, my number was being called. The doctor, an elderly grandfather type, greeted me as I sat down. Asked me what happened, and precisely told him my condition. At that point of time, my barking has turned to a noisy ding and I really felt as if I was losing control in it.


Doctor did all the necessary, took my temperature and blood pressure etc. He told me that I had a slight fever and my throat was bad, my breathing was breathless but my blood pressure was normal. So, he prescribed me some pills, some cough mixture and some lozenges for the throat. Even gave me a day off to rest, bless his heart! He even told me that


When I got home, I took my breakfast and then proceeded to take my cough mixture and the flu tablets. Enough said, within 5 minutes, I was already knocked off my senses and the next thing I knew, I was sleeping like an oink oink (pig) until about after lunch.


I felt so groggy and my head was heavy, it felt as if I was having a hang-over but this was different sort. It was the hang-over that I would remember and not want to have it experienced again! The whole day, I was like some drug addict just looking at things but not responding attentively. My mind was awake, but my body was fast asleep.


All I wanted to do was just lie down and sleep. After that, I stopped taking my medicine because I never liked medicines that will cause me such reactions. I would prefer the herbal remedial type but not these chemical sort of way to treat this. I didn't even started on my antibiotic course as I always believe that antibiotics will eventually kill the good cells as well as the bad ones.


The next day, I went to work but my mind was still half asleep and half awake. My body still felt feverish and I wanted to really just called it a day but I pestered on, mind over body. Towards the second half of the day, I felt cold and it was the first time, I had my coat on. Usually, I will be the one who will be complaining about the temperature in the office.


When the day ended, I came home immediately and before I knew it, around half-past eight that evening, I slept and slept. I know that I had to sleep off the feeling I was feeling and also to regain back my ability to combat this. No sooner than expected, I was already fully awake the next day.


I felt so rested, the pain in my bones were gone and at the same time, I felt so relief. For the first time, I was sweating and it was good news! So today, as I pen this down, I'm almost recovered 89% but I believe that with a bit more sweating, I will recover more. I need to hit the gym!


When I was down, and the only entertainment which I wanted to access became a barrier to me due to the a server problem. For a whole fucking 2 days, I was without any Internet at home. I called up to their helpline and the only thing they could say was sorry, the line would be up within the next day.


Well, not for one to complain more, I will just forward a mail to their customer online and ask them, how do they propose to rebate me for that non-usage of 2 days? After all, I'm a good paymaster, I deserve better than this, and it will also compensate those days without my Internet and also the time, I was feeling miserable!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

BW u take more rest and hopefully u r 100% ur old self by tomorrow as it is already the weekend !

Oh yeah..i took a fren (being the usual tour guide minus the mini flag) to Jupiter and had a good wink at the cute one...gosh..."Ooppss...basah lagi"

Hahahaha...have a good weekend BW

coolgardy said...

Hey SW, thanks, will do. Btw, the next time, u go to Jupiter, maybe u like to post a pic of that one that made u "basah"!

Anonymous said...

sure will do...IF i manage to snap a pic, BUT have to ta bao out first...

Ryan said...

Aww... poor thing. I was on MC yesterday too. Almost caught a flu. But I know myself. I don't let myself fall sick. I don't care and I decided not to go to work. I went to the clinic. Somehow the doctor said I got a slight fever and I request him to approve me a day off, and he did.

Basically the whole day I was enjoying my rest instead of suffering.

Ganymede said...

Tis the season of flu and cold... I had mine weeks ago. A office outbreak really...

As for Streamyx, sigh is all I can say...

Medie007 said...

hmm... i dun have any problem with my streamyx here, like i would... haha...
and so far, i have to say cheerio i hadn't been down with any sickness so far. haha... meds eh? sniffing enough at school already. LOL