Thursday, December 6, 2007

WHAT A DAY!

This evening, I had to rush out of the office for my choir practice. As I was on leave the next day, I wanted to finish as many tasks. However, as I about to leave the office, THE BOSS called me and asked me to update him and the CFO on one our on-going case. So, grudgingly, I dragged myself to the CFO's room to update him (although I have already updated him via the e-mail).


After all the repeating, which I found myself stupid to do so, CFO began to mumble something to me about something on how to approach this problem and how I did my job, blah, blah and began to give me a lecture. I was like WTF, I don't want this, I need to get out of the office right now, but no, this CFO was holding me from what I wanted to do. He began to analyze my strategy dealing with this problem and how I could improve on it. Halfway around, my mind began to slip into my dream state mode and began to actually hum the parts for the songs that we were suppose to sing. I began to day dream until something hit me back to reality...




hey u...get me out of here!


The CFO gave me valuable inputs but could not work in this case! (confirmation given by THE BOSS after my meeting with the CFO) After what looked like hours, CFO finally relents and allows me out of the room. I charged over to my place, ready to pack up, shut down my pc and head out when my subordinate, Slinky Selma came up to me and presented another problem for me to help her solve.



God Have mercy!! I need to get out now, I'm pressed for time! But, like all calm creature, I attended to her without showing my inner feelings and then, calmly waited for her to talk to me about her problems. Luckily for me, this was a small problem and before she could finish, I finished her sentence and told her how to face it. Slinky thought it over for a while and agreed with my proposal.


Finally, it was all over. I quickly began to shut down my system, packed my things and got out of the office finally. By the time, I reached the choir area, I could see that the members were all seated and the best part of it, they did not start yet. I began to slip into my seat immediately and then began to practice with the rest.


As I began to type this out now, I began to wonder what a day I had. I've noticed that whenever you are pressed for time, all such things will fall into place and disrupt all the perfectly laid out plans you had for the day. Perfectionist as I am, I know the day will never go along as how you had planned it, that is why contingency plans are always needed and a cool mind and head needs to be in place!


just keep cool and smile...


About the choir, it went well, the children sang such beautifully, like little angels!

No comments: