Wednesday, December 5, 2007

THE CHRISTMAS PARTY

I've been tasked to take care of the Christmas party in my office and naturally, being a planner, I have so much fun bringing new ideas to it. Of course, being the only PLU in the department, it means that I'm also oozing with creativity from the gift exchanges right up to the food served that evening.



Naturally, one of the horrifying thing that comes up to mind is BUDGET! Yes, I'm allowed to spend this amount of money, but I need to ensure I do not go overboard on it. I'm pretty sure that things will flow naturally as this is not the first time I have organized a party like this.


ho ho ho...


Anyway, as they say, there is strength in numbers, so the first thing I did was send an email to all in my office (which comprised of 4 different departments) and enquired if they were interested to join in. After getting the actual numbers, I then work closely with the secretaries and enquired how much each of their bosses will fork out for the gathering. The more money we have, the more we can cater to get good food, but knowing how stingy the department heads are, well, I shall leave it to tomorrow as I will be talking to the CFO and getting the right amount for our party.




so many ideas, but money is a concern...



So, coming back to the party itself, I think I will form a little committee to overlook on the gifts, food and also decorations. As the natural born leader (thank you, thank you), I shall direct and ensure that all these little committee members do their part and make sure we excel in it, because, sad to say, I'm such a perfectionist when it comes to a task!



That could be my forte' and also my worst enemy!

3 comments:

Ryan said...

Wow... organizing a christmas party?! so cool! But yeah, it can be a very tedious task.

deeperanddeeper said...

wah... such a great leader hor! hehe

coolgardy said...

err...there is always something called delegation.. :)