Saturday, December 1, 2007

I WANT MY RIGHTS!

I want my RIGHTS upheld!



I want my rights!!! Yes, I'm shouting this at top of my voice for some rights here. You see what happens in most companies during this time of the year is that most of us employees are asked to clear our annual leaves. As for the practice in my company, we are allowed to bring forward one year of leave but for the leave which is not taken for the previous year, we have to take it or it might be forfeited. (since the company is so 'Kiam Siap' (stingy in the Fujian dialect) not wanting to reimburse us on it)



For example, if I have 2006 leave still not taken and I have left about 6 days, I'm asked by my HR Dept. to clear them by December 2007; bear in mind, the leave for 2007 is untouched! So like good employees and after doing our leave planning for the month of December, dutifully, I logged into the website and then applied for my leave, subject to my Manager's approval. And, since we have already got his consent on it, as there will be people taking over our duties during our absence and also mind you, its not even a stretch of days, like one or two day in between the holidays and also half days, I clicked on the send button to my Manager.



Lo and behold! for not only it was rejected, it was rejected by my GM and of all persons, why should he get involved in my leave application here? Since this is the case and this did not involve only me but several of my colleagues, we have decided to meet up with the Manager right on Monday morning and discuss on what is really going on here? I mean I want to know my rights here, first, you say that I have to clear my leave, then now you reject it, so what is going on here? Besides, I'm open to the idea that if they do not allow me to take leave just because its the year end, then compensate me of the forfeited leave or maybe come up with a compromise to allow me to bring forward also this 2006 leave to 2008 in addition to the 2007 not taken!


If all else fail, perhaps a complaint to the MOM (Ministry of Manpower) should be forwarded! I want to exercise my RIGHTS!

4 comments:

Ganymede said...

Industrial Court! Muhahahaha.

I don't suppose your organisation have a union right?

coolgardy said...

QR - we have a union but unfortunately, I'm not eligible to be in the UNION nor do I have any rights on this.... sigh!!

Medie007 said...

aiyoyo... poor u... *hugs*

Anonymous said...

Yes - it happened to me too.

I feel like ripping out someone's intestines! After working so hard for the whole year, we are told that we cannot take the leave. That is just so unreasonable!!! Finally, I went to HR and asked them for approval to carry forward to Jan 08 - lucky these people have a heart of gold, and approved it.