Tuesday, September 4, 2007

ROUGH DIAMONDS.

This evening, I decided to go to California's Gym located at MidValley. Its been a while since I have been there. Since, I usually go the one located in StanChart, this time I decided to pay a little visit since my last time I was there.


I've always found the gym in MV very spacious, not sure why but it sure is nice to see the place all huge and no partitions abound at that areas. There is the pool which is the also part of the attraction and the numerous cardio machines situated at the top floor, proves to be a bonus. I'm not sure why, but each time, I will have this feeling of ample space when I go there. In comparison to StanChart, I found that place to be huge also and breath taking, not so much of the view, but the steps that one has to proceed on to the locker rooms.

I go to MidValley...how about you?



The locker rooms in MV might seem a bit puzzling with all of its zig zag structure but bear in mind, it only adds to the fun of turning around one corner and perhaps discovering something delicious waiting for you. Its a maze like one can find in some dingy sauna but in this respect, this was much brighter and cleaner? Overall, I find the lockers in MV to be a bit cleaner and more in volume as compared to StanChart. However the sauna and the steam rooms, hmm, I find the ones in StanChart very roomy whilst any claustrophobic person might suffer an attack in its sauna room.


In each shower stall, the curtain that hangs in StanChart is the typically boring type whilst the ones in MV has an upper plastic which is transparent. As one walks past the stalls, one can clearly define the upper body and the bottom part is made of non-transparent stuff. So, you get to see the upper body and being a voyeuristic person like me, it so much of a hassle! Its like showing a bit and not showing all...all I can say its like telling a the story and half way, there is not continuation.


As I meander through the crowds this evening, I noticed that the type of persons that attend MV is also very different from SC's. One things for sure, I get to see a lot more of guys and I mean all walks of life type of persons. Usually in SC, one will notice executive or managerial posts coming in...in short very professional in their outlook. However, in MV, they come in all shapes and sizes, all industries and all sectors. You would never guess where this hot guy standing next to you works in? Maybe he is a self proprietor? Or maybe he is just a local actor or model? I'm not sure but for sure, I did see SK (that model that appeared for the Alliance Bank ad) and a host of other normal type of guys (equally hot and cute) who would not normally be seen in SC. I would describe them as rough diamonds...you should know what I mean by this.


u like my biceps?



This brings me to the question, is there a certain tag line that defines the gym that I go to? Is there a type of crowd that will hang out there? Or is these gyms segregated along these lines? I'm not sure but from my observation, I have noticed that I would prefer the crowd in SC as they would be very mild mannered in their workout, but in MV, you will get the type who will not care about mannerisms, as long as they get their workout done, that's fine with them.


work on those chest baby...




After finishing my workout, I met an old friend of mine who is an entrepreneur. We chatted for a while, catching up old stuff and updating ourselves and then I asked him what draws him to MV (even though he was an Infinity member). One things for sure, the distance (his business is situated in PJ) and the added facilities like the swimming pool. But, overall, he likes the crowd in MV, as the guys that go there, are really his type. Cute, Fresh and Hot...were his 3 words to me.


As I looked around me as he explained to me, I can feel why my friend uttered those words...for I find them to be hot and desirable. too. I'm beginning to conclude that most of these PLU guys who used to be Fitness First members have all migrated to Cali and besides, Cali's charges are much cheaper than FF, even if they have like 3 branches? (new branch Sunway!)


With that, I'm certainly going to go to MV a lot more now, especially on my non-PT days. Like they say "cuci mata" (Have my eyes cleansed)

2 comments:

J.L said...

aiyo gym again ar x_x shd i continue FF or get CF b'c cheaper.

seriously agree FF member all fly to CF due to gay gathering at there edi and cheaper price. sigh

Ryan said...

I didn't know that Cali are "gathering" PLUs. Perhaps my gardar is very weak!