Thursday, September 13, 2007

REST IN PEACE, ALVIN!





I will begin my post in remembrance of a friend of mine, Alvin who I found out passed away a few days ago. I did not even know about this until I was told by Diva Armani this evening, when I met her at the gym.


She mentioned that Alvin, a mutual friend of ours, committed suicide by jumping from the 7th floor of his condo in Villa Green. When she told me about this, I was taken aback. I remembered Alvin to be cheerful sort, blessed with a good job (he was a pilot) and best of all, possessed that kind of look that most of the girls out there would just die for. However, in his case, guys will fight with each other to get him, ok maybe, I'm just exaggerating a bit here but then again, most people who have seen him, remarked that he is a cute sort of guy.


But, his sudden demise and the way he chose to end his life, now that is a complete mystery to me and to DA. But, DA is much closer to him and I was perplexed with the sudden news. I interrogated DA inside out and she was also a complete blank about this. The fact that Alvin is just in his early 30's is also a point to take into account. So young at this age, and yet want to end all of it in this way? What was he thinking? What made him do it? Love? Money? Loneliness? Career? We still could not fathom why he would take that road?


My memories of Alvin is one that likes to smile a lot, has this sweet enduring and charming sort of smile (I'm a sucker for people who possesses this unique smile) and very funny. He can joke at almost any situation and turn a terrible situation into a farnee one...



My dear Alvin, hope that wherever you are now at this moment, I hope you have found the peace you had longed for. Hope that your soul will rest in peace!

7 comments:

Shake Trees said...

i'm so so sorry to hear abt it. haih... no matter what problem, one shud never take his own life. sometimes being friends, most ppl don't really cared. We had to be very gud listener n have a heart to make frens. Though, we can't do it always and fully 100%. Least we must try harder. Otherwise we will sure live to regret. I hope u too r fine yar. hugs

Anonymous said...

BW, i am saddened too by the news. In fact our dear Step Whore went to his funeral.

I will always remember Alvin's smile, yes with his cute dimples. We hung out a lot after class at uptown when I was still working in KL. Well...those were the times I will cherish, smoking outside the gym, mamak at uptown...sigh...

Alvin, wherever you are, our hearts are with you...may you be happy there...

Fable Frog said...

I am sorry to hear this. We will never really know what hide behind a suicidal mind. I don't know Alvin but may he rest in peace.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear the demise of your friend. Are you close to him? Did you attend the funeral? If he's staying alone, maybe he's lonely. But I don't think loneliness can be so fatal till one has to commit suicide to overcome loneliness, right?

Did he borrow money from Ah Long and couldn't afford to pay back? If it's for career, he could have try to find another job, right?

No matter what, let's hope he is at peace now.

Ryan said...

Sorry to hear that... may he rest in peace...

coolgardy said...

Thanks guys for your concern, in fact, his obituary appeared in Star today (14-09-07)

Anonymous said...

BW can u cut n paste and scan then send to me? i really wanna see the last pics of him...tks in advance..