Sunday, September 9, 2007

ENCOUNTERS OF THE PLEASANT KIND - PART ONE

u come here often?


Usually I will never chat with anyone in the gym unless I know them. My routine is quite simple when I go to the gym. Its either to attend my PT or to go for either one of the cardio classes or better still run on the treadmill. I do not like to lose my focus when I'm concentrating on them, hence, I very rarely look around (even though eye candies abound everywhere in CF)


Only when I'm not doing anything or catching my breath, will my eyes then start its scanning process. In reality, I see more than I approach people, due to my nature of being shy and not aggressive to talk to strangers. Moreover, my mom's influence is pretty much strong in this department, for when I was very young, I was already being indoctrinated to not talk to strangers nor to make any eye contacts. So, to this day, I seldom look out to strangers unless I really need to meet them face to face, then, I have no choice.

Last Friday evening, a very strange thing happened while I was in the locker room changing off my sweaty shirt and literally stripping off to run to the shower stalls. Guy beside me looked at me, I noticed him doing so, and I avoided eye contact almost immediately. Not wanting to start off very awkwardly, I pretended to look into my bag.


Guy22: Hi, going home?

Me (looking up): Err, yes, about too, but will shower first. (At this point, I was still pretending to look back to my bag and pretended to search for something)

Guy22: Nice bag.

Me (lame pick up line): Well, its free from CF, didn't you get one?

Guy22: Eh, no, by the way, what do you think of CF?

Me: Not bad, I kinda enjoy working out here (for obvious reasons, really)

Guy22: I've just joined, my office is down the road here, actually behind Shang-Ri La Hotel and my house is at Jalan Bukit Bintang.



At this point, I really wondered aloud in my heart as to why, he was telling me where he worked and also where he stayed. My mind was racing like the F1 circuit trying to piece together all this hints, this guy was feeding me. I was really puzzled and then I decided to unwind these little hints...


** to be continued**

5 comments:

Ganymede said...

Eeeeeeks...

To be continued! I feel like I'm watching anime... Hehhehe.

adrien said...

qr it's another episode of our hanazaraki no kimitachi e! lol

Ryan said...

Guy22? I supposed he's 22 y/o then. Faster continue...

Melvin Mah said...

that's great...

good for you buddy~ =)

and hey please do update real soon...it's much better than anime to me. It's almost like oxygen (coz it's really boring over here)....

J.L said...

Faster update. Cant wait for next episode. I ready my cadbury hot chocolate and mashmallow