Monday, September 10, 2007

ENCOUNTERS OF THE PLEASANT KIND - PART TWO


i have a swimmer's body...




As I was still unscrambling the hints that this young friend of mine was feeding me, I began to formulate my own investigative actions to check on him. He looked like a nice average looking guy, not too tall; about the same height as I am i.e. about 175cm and was well toned especially his chest area. His shoulders built are very nice, very shapely and also his entire presentation was not bad.

In fact, I’ve noticed that he has given me that “look” since last Monday when I was in the gym. At first, I never noticed him but I realized that our lockers seem to be very near to each other. Since, this is the first time, I have been “looked at”, the shyness of me, will always droop my head low as to avoid eye contact. Yes, I’m a shameful coward when it comes to people eyeing me. I never have that kind of courage to go up to them and ask them what they are staring at? Most of the time, I will be very conscious of my apparel or even my presentation, as if something is wrong with me, that I’m attracting other people’s glances. All my life, I’ve been never noticed, so I don’t think I will be noticed thus far.

Since, my turf have been invaded, nothing much to lose, I decided to go on with making a fool of myself by actually engaging a conversation with a total stranger in the gym. This time, it was not the usual sort of hi or bye.

Me: You just joined CF?
Guy 22: Yes, like a few weeks ago.
Me: No wonder I have not seen you before, how do you find it here?

At this point our conversation started very superficial and only touched base on our current surroundings. We need to always build up the crescendo to reach the climax of our investigations.

Guy22: “I noticed you join the PT sessions”.
Me: “Yes, this is because I seldom have the self-discipline to work out and I get bored very easily”. (This is the truth)
Guy22: “You have a nice body…”
Me (smiling sheepishly): “Thank you, so do you.” (In such a situation, one needs to return the compliment based on what one sees. It can be a lie or the plain truth, but in his case, Guy22 does possess a nice body, very well defined as I had explained earlier)
Guy22: “That’s because I swim a lot. I represented my home state”. Me: “Oh, so you are not local, I gather?”
Guy22: “No, I actually represented Penang. But, its funny, my actual hometown is in Alor Star, but because my education was all in Penang, I represented them.”
Me: “No wonder you have broad shoulders and they are well defined…”(my eyes at its usual scanning pace)
Guy22: “Yeah and I also play some sports, so all in all, it makes me a very sporty person.”
Me: “I can tell from that. Now, you told me that your office is just down the road…May I know where it is?”
Guy22: “Oh, you know behind Shangri-La…”
Me: “You mean your office is in PanGlobal Building?”
Guy22: “Yes, yes…how did you know?”
Me22: “I just guessed. Is your whole family here? Are you living with them?”
Guy22: “No, my family is still in Alor Star. I’m living with my granny, there are the only relatives who have moved down here”.

From here, I began to drill this guy into revealing more information about his family, his friends and also work. From my amateurish investigative skills, I realized that he is a child # 3 and he has 5 other siblings. (3 sisters and 2 brothers)

Apart from that, his family is a middle-income family, he was sent to Penang at very young age to study at Jit Sin in BM (Bukit Mertajam). From there, he excelled in sports but not so much in studies. His main ambition was to become a hairstylist but circumstances made him change his views to become a cameraman instead (like someone who is involved in post-production). He works for Pan Global and gets to travel especially to cover some of the circuit races in this region. He has been to China twice and he has his uncle to thank for giving him the guidance and also tips to become a professional cameraman. He is attending classes in the evening to brush up his English skills and one day aspires to become someone important in his field. So, yadda yadda, all this is about him but in what relations does it mean for him to actually strike up a conversation with me?

And the most important fact that we need to decipher here is that, is he gay or straight or bi? What was his intention to talk to me? Why did he choose me, out of the other eye candies around me? What makes me so special that he wants to specifically target me? Is there a hidden agenda behind all these?
Before I can actually get all these answers, he had to leave as it was already 9pm. He apologized for cutting short his conversation with me and left me standing there, high and dry…
Well never mind, I still have my time since Monday will come and then, I will be able to continue my little interrogation.

This evening, I did see my Guy22 but he was already leaving. Surprised, I asked him what time he was in the gym? He told me that he was there at 4.15pm, and I replied, “So early?” He told me that he was let off early today and I saw him leaving for the showers. As for me, I ventured to do my cardio exercises and after a good 15 minutes, I went to the machines to concentrate on my lower back. As I was doing my stuff, I noticed him going down the stairs. He walked over to where I was and then, to my surprise, held out his hand to me. I was like? Huh? So straight…shaking hands? I played along and he held my hand in full view of the public, but I let it go as I do not like to create attention.

Guy22: “See you again.”
Me: “When?”
Guy22: “Tomorrow, I will be in the gym again.”
Me: “What time?”
Guy22: “6 pm…”
Me: “Ok, see you then.”

And then, he bade his final adieu to me and walked off.

As he walked down the stairs one more time, he looked back to me and parted me with one of his infamous infectious smile.






catch u tomorrow...

4 comments:

Ganymede said...

Oh my. Very interesting. You got me all excited reading the post. Hehehhe.

conan_cat said...

lol... then what happened in part 3 hmm?? :P got anything notti anot ahahha... XD

J.L said...

Omigosh!!! faster update SEASON 3!! Tell me more more. lure him into shower room. hehehe!!

but remember play safe wo

coolgardy said...

Aiyoh, u guys ah...have not even established if he is gay, str8 or bi...how can? hehehe