Sunday, August 12, 2007

TEAM BUILDING WITH A HINT OF SCEPTICISIM...

what a bunch of hypocrites...!


I actually just came home from a Department outing in Allson Klana (Seremban). It was held on Friday evening and we made our trip there on a very early Saturday morning to that hotel.

The theme of the workshop was to train us to work together as one unit blah blah blah and the core of it all was to incorporate games into it.

So happily this large group that consists of at least 40 over people (from the ages of 24 to 50) were to camp at that resort hotel for one day and it will be packed with heaps of activities.

From repelling to flying foxes, and from Amazing Race to team building spirit courses, we had to do all that. And in my team, I had me and another guy, the rest were ladies.

One was on medical advice not to exercise (she's fat and seriously folks, she resembles Jabba the Hutt), two had allergies to the sun and the rest ladies who were best working at their nails rather than running up and down or even doing any rock climbing!

The other guy and me looked at each other and I commented to him that looks like we will have to do all the jobs ourselves! Indeed we did, it was tiring, running around, getting the clues and trying to figure out where the hell the things were kept. Too many voices giving out instructions, too many opinions, and in the end, we were like a lost bunch.

It was disheartening, as the leader of the group was Jabba and she only was good at dishing out instructions and made us feel like we had to do all the hard work while she just sat there. Look if you think I'm having a bad attitude towards her, yes, I do confess but not as bad as some of the others in our group.

They sort of felt sorry but hey, being sorry will not win the competition, its the grit and the show of team work that will help us sail through....right? Well, looked like we were losing, and yes we were actually last, until the last game today, Amazing race.

We had to find clues and take pictures of it and then run back to give out our findings. I told the other guy colleague that we will do our best, in better, to gain all the points but I know that its kinda futile but then again, without a fight, how can one just throw in the towel and concede defeat?

Nope, that was not my style, in fact, I went all out for the last points and did manage to get all the things I wanted, and hey, not too bad, at the last count, we did make good. Our group came out 3rd, no prizes for us but at least not being 4th which is the last, and I found out that the group that came out last was already throwing in the towel even before they wanted to give a good fight!

Ah well, but one thing that I learned from here is, well, you sure get ass-holes everywhere, and its only YOU, and yourself to make sure that things go on the way they should...


Arggh...my whole body hurts like shit...and my eyes are not even responding to my command to open...

8 comments:

coolgardy said...

Hmm, working with that male colleague was like bonus, at least I got get close to him and also touch him at the pretext of giving your buddy a massage...hey, it was prescribed by the trainers. :)

Ryan said...

Team building huh?! Basically it was just teaching us how to survive working with a bunch of hopelessly useless people. At least that's what I think it is.

Medie007 said...

hiya... :-)
nice team building experience...
haha
but anyway, it sounds like "fun" to me. hohoho

savante said...

Team building! Yikes don't scare me! Try to avoid as much as I can. Yours does sound fun tho.

coolgardy said...

Paul: It was fun doing certain stuff but not to the extend of seeing the other colleagues manifest their true colors...

AB: 2nd remark of being fun, well I guess if I were to organize a gay team building, anyone wanna join?

Anonymous said...

count me in on your queer team building..maybe have a game on cooking too !! LOL...cheers BW !!

adrien said...

I. LOVE. TEAM. BUILDING.

guess its the enthusiastic leader in me talking. :p

coolgardy said...

SW: hmm, team building involves cooking when u camp out, so maybe we appoint u as the kitchen diva for the entire camping expedition.

adrien: lets hope u do not become an autocratic leader...can imagine u instructing all those young guys to bend and u will spank them with all ur migh..oh, what a sadistic thought! :)