Tuesday, August 7, 2007

CHAKRI THAI FOOD- RATING

I'm going to review a bit of the food that I had the other weekend at KLCC's Chakri Palace, a supposedly Thai restaurant but to me, well its far off from what I use to have in Bangkok. But then again, like what they say, if you have an appetite like a King but the spending power of a pauper, then the next best thing will have to do.


The ratings I have given is from 1 - 5, 5 being the best. So, if any of you guys / gals were to hang out in KLCC and suddenly, you have this pangs for Thai food, then perhaps you might want to consider your options?


Starters were Tom Yum Seafood
Rating: 3
Reason: too much squid, two pieces of prawns, soup was bland compared to the real stuff back in Thailand.


Som Tam ( Papaya Salad)
Rating : 3
Reason: the spiciness was there but it fared very bland as compared to what I have tasted before; even the street vendors in Bangkok can whip up a mean ST !


Steamed Fish with sour & spicy sauce
Rating : 4
Reason : the fish was pleasantly fresh, the sauce complemented it very well and I'm fussy with fish as I don't like the smell, so this one turned out very well!


Four Angled Bean with sambal sauce
Rating : 2
Reason: very Malaysian in style and taste, and for your information, Thais eat their 4 angle beans raw!


Roasted duck Thai style
Rating : 2
Reason : come to PJ's Sunrise duck restaurant can fight this one anytime!



Mango dessert
Rating : 4
Reason : it was the most decent send off for a meal that did not turn up to my expectations; note the white silvery stuff, its like coconut but very silky and smooth, and goes well with the mango!



Ambience's scores a 4



Overall, it was expensive and I don't mind paying for food but this was not to my expectation. I guess most Thai establishments in KL have watered down their taste to suit more towards Malaysian taste bud. I guess the only true Thai authentic food can be found in Thailand, meaning to say, have to fly up north some time...


can i take u out for dinner...?










8 comments:

Ganymede said...

Ooooo. Its the chief from Down Under! He's soooo hawt!

Anonymous said...

You've been tagged. Go read my post titled "8 Random Facts about Calvin"

Melvin Mah said...

Thai food is just awesome but there arent any really good one in Msia...

but we can always eat in Thailand since it's not that far..haha

coolgardy said...

QR: yes he is HAWT n he can cook! :)

m5lvin: well we all want to go up to Thailand but then again, spending money must be there, no? :p

coolgardy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Medie007 said...

Thai... hmmm... eewwww

Anonymous said...

haha...BW when u cumming to visit me again? We can go makan and hey i can cook thai food too krub..kin dai...

coolgardy said...

Ah Bong: why?

SW: I will announce my arrival when I come and will check with u beforehand too, so that I do act like DA QUEEN who forbids u to go anywhere, I will just ask u for the house keys. :p