Friday, June 29, 2007

SUFFERING WITH JOY

At times, when someone calls up or comes to me and complains what a horrible day they had or how they were manipulated in the office, I only can lend my ears to them. After listening, you would want to say something, but, have you ever thought of what to say or say the right things at the right time?


Many a times, I fall into a state of poignant reminders to be extremely careful with my choice of words to use. If you use the wrong word and the situation is different from what you normally would have thought of, it will not bring the desired results you want. So, I get terribly chaotic and stressful too because my mind has to race up and conjure up the words to use to placate the other party. Of course, I'm not the type who will only use one liners; try as I would like, I will stick to some form that will give the other party some relief upon hearing my words.


Then, there are times, I feel betrayed by my lack of database brain to function faster, resulting in the most awkward words coming out at the wrong time, and shit, this has happened many a times, at times, me caught unawares.


Having said that, I still believe in using the right method to listen, digest and then react to the situation. No point in having to rush into a comforting word or advice and having to regret later because it was the wrong choice of words.


So, today, I got a call from Flirty Whore,who complaint to me about the nonsencial bitches in his office and how tired FW is of the office situation at the moment. The only consolation I could give and truthfully would say to such a condition - resign and seek another job. Yes, if it has been so hurtful and yet going nowhere, resign, move on and perhaps other places will be able to tap and recognize your talents even more. But, if you choose to stay, then there is no point really in playing the melodramatic songs and then having to say "alas is me, poor me".


However, if a person chooses to stay because of certain conditions attached to it, then, all this person have to do is to really stick to their neck and just be patience until the day that condition has been satisfied and cashed in; submit in your resignation letter and on the day you are going to leave, tell off those bitches and give them a piece of your mind, or maybe two pieces.


In reality, we face so many problems that come with our jobs and also interaction with people. Countless of times, people are never happy of their current situation and will complain. Complain is good but if you do it too often and do not produce any solutions to over-coming it, then you will just be like the saying goes, "CASTING PEARLS BEFORE SWINES".


Of course having said that, I do emphatically understand the situation others are having and most of the time, I will count my blessings either good or bad, because it is also said "FOR WHEN I AM WEAK, THEN I AM STRONG"


Think about it...

"hang in there, it'll pass"...

No comments: