Monday, June 11, 2007

MAHJONG MANIACS...


Last Friday evening, Wingedman invited me over to his other half's place for dinner and also a game of mahjong. It was to celebrate the official opening of Wingedman's mahjong set. It was something he had asked for as a present for his birthday gift and although, we did not actually get the Gucci set, well, it was good enough for Wingedman's vice.


I was late as I had PT and it ended at 8pm. As Cali was in Stanchart building in the CBD area, Wingedman's other half's place was in Damansara Pelangi (Rainbow); how apt that name! As I approached the place, I was told to find a place to park and it was difficult actually to do so but I was lucky enough to get a place right opposite the apartment although it was walking distance; a good 5 minutes walk.


When I reached the apartment, Slutilla was already there. I sat down and caught up with the latest gossips with the gang, whilst Wingedman's other half was busy cooking in the kitchen. We had a blast trying to catch up with the on-goings on channel E on Astro and commenting how Paris Hilton this and that. Apart from that, I've also learned a new code, Golden Phoenix, well, I'm not about to divulge this code means here but lets just say, it sends chuckles when we mention it.


We had a nice dinner, all very home cooked and simple. Wingedman's other half can really cook and I was impressed, for the 4 of us, he had 5 dishes including winter melon soup. After dinner, we immediately started with our mahjong game of 3 persons.


Wingedman scored the first round but according to our culture, the first one who wins will also be the last one who wins. So, me and Slutilla smiled and smirked all the way but Wingedman was pretty lucky that night, though he did not game that high, it was good enough to slowly snip off my chips. However, after a few rounds, I managed to gain back some but Slutilla was on a roll.


Slutilla kept on winning all the way and naturally, Wingedman got a bit scared, so he enlisted the other half to do the job for him. As for me, I was a bit worried too as I kept on losing all of my chips, so when the other half came on board, there was a pact that was made; the dice was to move between me and Wingedman's other half.


And like a prophecy foretold, the dice did move from the other half and me for the entire night, and soon, the other prophecy to be told, the biggest chip owned by Slutilla was soon given to me and and Wingedman's other half. At about 2.45am, Slutilla surrendered and didn't want to go on with the game anymore. Conceding defeat, Slutilla uttered these words "These are the most expensive dinner I've had for tonight".


Slutilla, tough luck, next time try harder....hehehe


In retrospect, mahjong is really an addictive game, and best of all, it really sharpens one's mind. How? The constant changing of the winds and the ability to calculate mentally is all a challenge at which, I do encourage most people to take up the game not in the sense of major gambling but more to, sharpen your mind. I really like the challenge of it and from the early days of actually understanding it, I understand a bit more now, not a pro but more likely gaining step by step to actually master it, so watch out guys, here comes the Blog Whore!!

2 comments:

savante said...

Another mahjong queen is born! :) We should start an association :P

coolgardy said...

Start an association that promotes mahjong sessions every available time of the day? :)