Wednesday, June 20, 2007

SOAPY MEMORIES

Just when I thought that I had nothing much to write in here, I suddenly developed a sense of urgency to pen this down and of all places, this little inspiration had to come from the men's locker room.

Ok, I was in the gym again this evening, and as usual after my PT, I will head on to complete a 3 sets of action at the abs station. As I sauntered to the locker room, I picked up my towel, and headed to the shower stalls.

So, here I was walking slowly past the aisle and at the same time, being narcissus, admired a bit more of my developed body. However, at the corner of my eye, I caught this guy walking behind me. Nope, I was not admiring his body or anything but the little case he was carrying with him as he walked.

I was wondering what that plastic case was it as it was a translucent box, and in it, contained a bar of soap. Interestingly, I looked at it closely and yes, confirmed, it was a bar of soap, pinkish in color too. In my mind, was this thought, how queer and at the same time, old fashioned?


For me, translucent plastic soap boxes remind me when I was growing up and you would have this little boxes nicely placed at the the bathrooms or the sink where you will usually use it to either wash your hand or face. I guess, that little scene brought me back to where and when I was growing up; in an instance, nostalgic feelings begin to settle in.

My innocent years...


Those growing up years were so much fun and innocent. I remember so many good memories of it, well some sad, bad but overall, it was something I will not let go by because these form part of me as I move on. But, apart from that, do people still use bar of soaps when they bath? Isn't shower gel more convenient?

5 comments:

◈lunaluna◈ said...

Your blog is very interesting!
Please, send me the photo of your computer desk.
I'll publish on my blog!.
And if you want link me your blog, so I’ll publish on mine.

EMAIL: pcdesktop1@gmail.com

Sam said...

I thought you were going to write about some tryst in the gym. :P Turns out to be bar of soap! LOL!

P/S: I saw my name on your side link. Just wanna let you know that the blog's changed its address. :)

coolgardy said...

Well Sam, that gives me a good idea, I will blog that out one day. :)

Btw, I will update your link, no wonder, I din get to read about your Blog for a long time now, until I searched for a common friend of yours and found it there.

Mr RM said...

Interesting account! I remember i had this soap thingie too... but that was YEARS ago.... at public swimming pools... hee hee

coolgardy said...

Hi Searcher, its nice to see u again, well if u saw it years ago, its happening again...seems like there is some fashion pattern linking to this soapy box :p
hmm. any accounts of ur swimming pool adventure?