Tuesday, January 8, 2008

THE YEAR IT WAS...

I've been procrasinating...


Well it has been sometime now since I officially pen something in my blog here. The truth is, I have been plain capital L A Z Y!!! The holidays and the timing of parties and gatherings during the course of the end of the year, made me feel so busy. Apart from attending parties and dinners, I had to also finish off my work in the office, so there were many things that I had to catch up on.

Firstly, before going off for my annual holiday leave, I had to ensure that I finished off my work and completed them so that I do not have to trouble others to follow-up on my behalf. Secondly, when you attend parties and meet up with faces you have not met in years, you definitely want to ensure you look good! So, I spent time in the gym and also going for my spa treatment, just so that I can enjoy that little slice in life (after all, we work so hard!).

Thirdly, I'm like addicted to that game Bogglific (Boggles actually, if you have played them before, its a board game) in Facebook. The ability to test my mind and get as many scrambled alphabets to make a word, intrigues me, for I'm a person who is up to challenges! Well, no prizes but the ability to beat some other western speaking person from the other part of the world gives me some immense pleasure. Before the game starts, we will have a look at the persons who will challenge us and there would be ratings included in them. So, the higher the rating from "muah", the more I'm very intense to make up for i.e. to win the game.

Of course, amongst the gatherings that we had, one of the more interesting ones was the reunion of the old queens! Yes, that generation that use to gyrate in Liquid, once a upon a time, and how we all got to know each other rather than the stats that we possess. Conversation was easy and intellectual, but alas, nowadays, such conversational skills seem so lacking in the present generation. I dread to think of how these present ones can lift up the scales of excellence that the old queens use to hold on to. Such things like friendship and I mean, genuine ones, really flow through, but today's friendships are so fragile and interesting enough, they contain so many hidden agendas in them.

Having said that, I'm not implying that the old queens were perfect but the kind of language used were a common identity that grouped us together. Using such lingo amongst us really made us feel special and we literally played with the words, which I find today lacking. If you were to crack up a joke this very instance and shout it out to the common crowd amongst us, I can safely say that perhaps if lucky, 10% can understand what you are saying whilst the others, can just smile and laugh aimlessly.

Hmm, having felt the good of the both sides, I find that I really feel nostalgic about the past in a way, but moving forward, I embrace what I have and face the future that lies in front.

No comments: