Thursday, January 10, 2008

MR. DEAD STARE


I really am not sure why but most of my best stories actually come from the gym. And this particular one is no different from the rest, except well, its a bit weird to begin with.


Last evening, I was at the gym doing my routine. After bracing for over an hour and stuck in the jam in the city, I was already feeling very stressed up! I needed my time at the treadmill and also to work out really hard to ease all those tensions.


Upon arriving at the gym, went to locker, changed into my gym attire and headed to the cardio section. I met Facial Kenny and as we were updating each other on the usual news (actually gossips), while coming down the stairs, I accidentally bumped into this guy. It was entirely my fault and I said sorry to him almost immediately without even having an eye contact with him. I proceeded to the cardio area and Facial Kenny joined me a few minutes later. While, I was alone, I sensed I was being followed. This sort of feeling usually hovers around me and I will feel as if there was someone staring at me. To make a point of my so called 'feelings', I turned around and true to my bones, that same guy I bumped into was staring at me. He was working out but his eyes instead of focusing 12 o'clock, was instead at 2 o'clock.

Immediately faced with such a situation, I looked straight in front. But, not wanting to read too much into it, I thought, perhaps he might be looking at someone else instead or perhaps nothing at all. So, I did my fabulous turnaround and lo and behold, this guy (let me describe him, a late 20's something guy, crew cut, standing at about 6 feet, nice structure but not the muscular type and one thing that sets him apart is his eyes!) who I shall name him Dead Stare, was still fixed at his 2 o'clock position.



are u staring at me....?




My heart pounded harder this time but it could also be due to my incessant running at the treadmill but I know this feeling is not the same as what I had encountered before. Lucky for me, FK joined me later and when I finished my treadmill session, I asked FK to accompany me to the free weights section. Obligingly, FK joined me but he had his session so he literally left me to fend for myself at the weights section all alone. While doing my routines, my eyes actually scanned the whole area, not at hunky hot guys but at Dead Stare, wondering if he also was at the same floor.

Guess, what? He was not there, and I was so relief of this burden that I enjoyed my routines at the free weights. After an hour or so, I usually end with my sit ups (150 times) and then head for my showers. Stripping off my gym attire, I cloaked myself with my towel and then drenched myself for a while under the running water before going into the steam room.


Upon entering it, I realised that it was full that evening. I thought to myself it could be because the sauna was not working, thus, the majority of the guys will head to the steam room. It was packed and there were no place to sit so, I stood at one corner and trying hard to imagine my skin getting pampered by all that steam. While my eyes were doing the wandering around in the hot steamy room, I noticed a figure standing directly 11 o'clock from me, and from my first view, the shape of that person looked very familiar. I stared again, harder this time to make out the figure in that steamy room, and to my fear, it was Mr. Dead Stare!!

I went out of the steam room almost immediately and again, my sixth sense told me that someone is following me. True, it was that same guy and for the first time in my whole entire life, I was like scared shit. I wonder why? I mean, he is not a bad looking guy, almost "do-able" but why am I feeling in this way? Perhaps, I'm not used to the notion of me getting cruised, perhaps I hold better when I cruise them. It must that, because when a person has been targeted, it means you hold no power and one will feel vulnerable. Hence, that is the feeling I was having at the moment, so I can imagine how guys will feel when they are are being watched or followed, like how I felt.

As you thought that this would end here, no, it did not! As I finished my shower and I quickly sauntered to my locker, as if this was a fate, my locker and Mr. Dead Stare was like merely 4 lockers away. He was already all dressed up and he looked rather nice in his matching shirt and jeans. Mr. Dead Stare dresses really well and quite fashionably too, but his stares were really eating into me! I purposely took my time to dress up and he being all dressed up had no reason to linger at the locker, as there were some other guys coming in after their workout. So, he quietly left the place but not without giving me that dead stare look.

Mr. Dead Stare



After all that had happened, I wonder if I will ever get to meet Mr. Dead Stare again? If I do, definitely, this will be my next and upcoming post. I wonder what i will do this time round? I guess its time for a strike back!

4 comments:

David The Man said...

Uhuh... what a scary deathly stare "stalker"... you better watch out... just be careful, ok

adrien said...

how...exhilirating! reminded me of my avenue K stalker. i miss that. lol

Darlie & Latte said...

lol.so funny. it reminds me of death god, characters from death note, where they kill you by just looking at you.

Anonymous said...

oi ..u go gym to work out la..not to check out guys and do your gay things there...

-slipper whore-