Sunday, April 29, 2007

URINALS ANYONE?

I was in the mall this evening after having dinner with a friend. After saying our adieus, I had the urge to go to the mall's toilet. Usually, such visits are a hassle for me, as I would always expect cleanliness to be a major problem in Malaysia's toilet.

Despite all the hype of making our toilets clean, it brings some shiver to my spine when I enter one. However, for this particular mall which I entered, it was clean and well kept. Reason which I found out was that there was an attendant stationed in the toilet, hence it was clean all the way.

Anyway, my thoughts this evening is not about the cleanliness of a public toilet or how we will perceive them to be. But, my topic is on urinals. For males, whenever you enter a toilet, what is the first direction do you head to? Stalls or Urinals?

I realized that most of us do not really head to the urinals unless the stalls are fully occupied, however this evening, I witnessed two guys, obviously friends as they were chatting when they entered the toilet.

To my amazement, these two guys actually stood side by side the urinal and did their "thing". I was like, OK, something very new to me. Even if I was going in the toilet with a friend, I will never stand so close to him but these two were like next to each other and still continuing their conversations. Maybe nothing new to anyone out there but how many of us can actually say that we will stand next to a friend when we pee?

I will not, cause, I will still need my space and yes privacy. Some say its due to shyness, maybe true but in some countries like Japan, most guys actually line up to use the urinals instead of the stalls when they have the urge to urinate, unlike here where its all "rojak".

Coming back to these two buddies, well I guess most guys do it and then, there are those who chose to have their privacy in check, what about you? Will you do it with our friend standing side by side at the urinal?

No comments: