Monday, April 30, 2007

SLIPPER WHORE STRIKES AGAIN!

"Hello Hello" buzzed Dorothy Juice one rainy evening.

"Yes, my dear, what can I do for you? answered lil 'ole me, while multi tasking.

"Guess what I bought today?" giggled Dorothy Juice.

"No idea" answered me. I gave a short curt answer as knowing Dorothy Juice, she is fond of buying a lot and I mean a lot of things. So many that I do not have the capacity to follow up with all those purchases.

"Ah, you need to guess, very easy one" answered Dorothy Juice.

At this moment, I thought that maybe she must have done the ultimate of all, bought a house in Bangkok.

"Err, you bought an apartment there"I enquired.

"No la, not so soon" retorted Dorothy.

"Then, what did you buy" I pleaded.

"Aiyoh, you ah, no fun one, ask you to guess also don't know how to do it properly" scolded Dorothy Juice.

"Sorry la, I really do not know what you bought" I replied earnestly, not knowing what it was.

"See see" ordered Dorothy Juice.

So, Dorothy Juice changed the picture on her MSN. There in the profile part, I saw this pair of bright orange slippers!

"Huh?" not believing my eyes. "You bought another pair of slippers? Exactly how many do you have there now?" I enquired.

"See see" again ordered Dorothy Juice.

This time, all in a pretty row, there were pairs of it, all in different colors and I must add, looked very rainbow-y.

"Don't you just love them? I bought this pair, this afternoon in JJ Market (short for Jatujak, the heavenly bargain-ful area in Bangkok, where you have hundreds of stalls all situated in one area offering all sort of items right from household to pets) and I got it in the color scheme that I wanted" shrieked Dorothy Juice with excitement.

I nodded my head, even though she could not see me, I nodded in agreement that she must truly and wisely loved them, if not, why go all the way to look for this pair?

And I quirked, "If I'm ever in need of a pair of slippers in Bangkok, I will know who to look for".

Dorothy Juice gave a hearty laugh, as if, she has conquered something very important in her life; which brings me to add that her royal title as the SLIPPER WHORE belongs solely to her and no one else. Any other contender need to get some sort of approval before ever stepping on the toes of our dear Dorothy Juice!
All you intended parties, please bow before royalty when you see one!




a nice pair of orange slippers

No comments: