Friday, December 8, 2006

WISH UP MY TREE



Last Tuesday, I was at the gym doing my rounds but this time, I was at a different location. I have not been to the Fitness First's branch in the Curve for some time now, so I decided to go there one afternoon.

Since I was on leave, I decided to go there around 3 plus in the afternoon. I specifically chose that time as it was less people and well, I did not like the crowd mingling around the stations that I was going to exercise at.

So there I was doing my rounds and well, surprisingly, it was not all the empty. There was a fair number of gym-mers around there too, and I wondered, if they too were on leave?


After my routines, I decided to venture down to the rest area and get myself a drink. Upon walking to the drinks dispenser, I notice the Christmas tree.
It was not a very huge tree to begin with, perhaps about 5 feet or so and decked with hanging cards. I thought to myself, its a Christmas wish tree, and how smart of the Management to come up with this idea, well, they save on the decorations, thats for sure.


I walked nearer to have a look at those cards.

Some of the messages were mundane (to my point of view) but some very interesting. The wish list starts with this, "For this Christmas, I wish..."

  • beauty and riches ( very boring)
  • nice promotion (work harder please)
  • so and so to be happy (nice thought)
  • so and so not to be too grumpy (lack of sex? perhaps?)
  • lots of good looking men to fall for me ( make sure they are not gay!)
  • so and so to have her first fuck on Christmas day ( a virgin in distress)
  • to be young forever (get in line sister)

And, so the list goes on and on. Don't bother reading all because they became reptitive after a while.

Since wish lists are for things we do not have and want to have, maybe, if we work harder towards the things we want, then we do not have to wish too much? After all, hard work equals success? I need to understand that too...

Good and safe holidays ahead and oh yes, 17 more shopping days before Christmas.

Till then, have yourself a Merry Little Christmas!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well after all they are "wishes" that 90% of people do especially on year end. But then, how many really come true?

For me, I wish we will have a great Xmas Party ya !! Am counting down on that !! Get drunk too !! Here's comes the bartendress??!! (mind my spelling). At least this wish will come true I hope !!

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah..it is also a good time for our reunion...with the old timers and not forgetting our dear fairy godmarder of the highest order in pink !! Shall I get her a pink wing and magic wand too? I know where they sell them and cheap too..he he..bet you can guess where, coolgardy.

coolgardy said...

CMFFA - Yippee...everyone getting drunk but dun throw up ya, its nasty business hv to see that!
As for the fairy godmarder, yes yes yes PINK will be good but then again, i suggest u ask her first, nanti clash with her color for that night. LOL

Anonymous said...

Whoa since when i becum CMFFA, extra FAR eh? Only 2 hours flight away leh. Can't wait to get back to KL and celebrate Xmas and New Year !!