Thursday, December 14, 2006

THE LAND OF THE ANNYONGs...



In a few hours, I will be boarding the plane heading to the Land of the Morning Calm. I have no inkling idea why I had chose that place to visit, maybe because I watched too many Korean serials?


As I tried to digest my thoughts, maybe the trip was another impulse made during the recent MATTA fair? Or was it the coaxing of my FH and her friends that led me to venture to this place? Well, whatever the reasons is, I'm just looking forward to relax and perhaps get some rest from this trip? As I blog this now, I have yet to pack, see how disorganized I am...hehehe

However for this time round, I did a list, so I'm not going to in that situation. For days now, I was writing down this lists of brings and not bring.

As it is cold there now, I was wondering how is Korea like? The language is near impossible to understand, let alone speak it. But, I did my research, first checking their currency. Their currency is called the Won or Korean Won. How to distinguish their rates is another mind boggling exercise for me.

I always thought they would be the same as how we use the Thai Baht but no, its completely new story here. It was not as simple as I thought it would be. Also, the next thing that came into my mind, how much is their rates vs the Ringgit? Later, I did a check and found out that our Ringgit is higher than the Korean Won :- RM1 - KW 261.00


Shopping in Korea at this time of the year, I was told is not worth it because its winter and all the clothes will not be suited for our climate. So, instead of skiing and watching the other sites of Korea, I hope to catch up on the following :-

Korean made undies?


New Spring Collection?



Food, our Malaysian favorite past time, who can forget about it? Perhaps I will have the following;-


Set A




Set B



Oh well, wait for my updates then. I will publish more pictures when I take them from Korea. Till then, have a safe and wonderful weekend ahead.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

have a great trip...and always remember this phrase "kamsa hamnida"