Tuesday, October 3, 2006

Absolute Boy Craze


I am a person who never subscribes to any kind of animae series, more likely those that have more than 4 episodes...but this little bugger caught my attention so much, I thought I might as well bring up this topic.

You see, one boring mid week night after gym, while I was resting surfing the usual channels over in Astro, I came across this animae series over at channel 75. I thought to myself, what can I lose out yes, its almost bed time, and nothing much to do, ok, I will indulge in some animae session.

My mind began to wonder if there would be any kinky scenes in this and reality sunk in...well, its Malaysia you know, and its a public channel, but no doubt its being played at such a late hour (10pm), I thought yeah, maybe there should be some subtle kinky hints in it, like all those Japs out there who are born kinky.

So, the story goes, it was in the midst of a cat dance festival in the small town of Tana somewhere out there in Japan. You have several characters but one of them that really brings my mind is Dos and Sense. Two loveable lights hanging in there air....and well, you think these are lights? Think again....

As I followed the plots of twists and turns, I noticed that generally this animae is really slow moving, focuses at the wrong items at times, but darn, its sexual subtleness playing out. The camera focusing on the school girl's short skirt, their legs, their hands, their hair...wow, its like a screaming sexual drama concerning teenage kids. Well never mind the story line which in the end tells of the warm lights and the cool lights...and one strange weird boy named Wakun who never changed in age...hmmm, isn't that what we have been aspiring for? Hey wait. I guess this storyline seems to shout out to the major schools of thoughts...and what a better way to bring this thoughts to young audiences? Ewww...thats pure manipulation of the media!

So, the next time you want to watch a animae like me, just watch out what the hidden message the producers are trying to flesh out, you might be surprised.

p/s I never intended to share the story line here as I believe that you should adopt an open mind to watch this animae, notwithstanding how boring it might be at times, but you have a tendency to fall for the characters...and how can I miss out the opening and closing songs!
Okakababa...what it means? Go watch it if its being shown a re-run.....

No comments: